The Student Health Association runs the Student Enablement Fund (est.1967). The fund helps students with disabilities to keep up with their studies. The maximum amount of each award is £500 and students must be involved in higher education on a full-time or nearly full-time basis.
They expect students to apply for the Disabled Students Allowance before applying to the Student Enablement Fund.
- You must first consult the Disabled Students Allowance web site to see if you are eligible to apply for Disabled Students Allowance.
- If you are, then you must apply for Disabled Students Allowance and wait for the outcome before you can apply for a Student Enablement Fund bursary.
- Students who are disabled but are not entitled to Disabled Students Allowance (either because they are ineligible or because they have been refused) are more likely to receive an award from the Student Disability Assistance Fund than students who are entitled to Disabled Students Allowance.
- You must have started your course before applying for a grant.
- If you are eligible to apply for a Student Enablement Fund grant, you will have to complete an application form and the provide us with supporting evidence. If your application is incomplete, or if you do not deal with follow-up queries promptly, we will not consider it further.
- Deadlines for applications are March 1st, July 1st and November 1st of each year. If you are eligible to apply for a Student Enablement Fund grant complete the application below and send us your supporting evidence.
- After submitting your form please scan and send your supporting evidence to: email@example.com