Upgrade to Space 23/24
If you read nothing else, read this section!
- On 10th – 11th July the conservatoire’s VLE systems will be unavailable as we change over to the new version of Space for the next academic year.
- Space, myPortfolio and Panopto will be unavailable until 5:00pm on Tuesday 11th July.
- The 2022-23 archive version of Space will be available from 4pm on Monday 10th July.
- There are some key changes to Space and new features detailed in this email.
Students who are submitting assignments using Space, myPortfolio and Panopto from 10th July:
- Undergraduate students completing resits shall use the 2022/23 version of Space & myPortfolio (space2223.leedsconservatoire.ac.uk and portfolio2223.leedsconservatoire.ac.uk).
- NB: Resits shall be submitted on the appropriate page once released.
- Undergraduate Students with deadline extensions should submit their work on the Space 22/23 archive.
- Postgraduate Students submit their trimester 3 assignments on the latest version of Space (i.e. Space23/24).
Follow @lifeatleedsconservatoire on Instagram for a sneak preview!
- Moodle (the software Space is built with) is being upgraded to version 4.1; this is a whole version update and is the major change for 2023/24.
- The theme/appearance is renewed.
- You will get a notification when grades and feedback are published for an assessment.
- The ‘My grades and feedback’ report will be available in your user menu.
- New quick access buttons for Academic Calendar, Opening Hours, Help Resources, and the Feedback/Reporting form.
- Floating help button with links to support (question mark in a pink circle, bottom left). This replaces some information that was previously in the site footer.
- The dashboard is redesigned, based on student feedback, and features two fixed columns with a pop-out drawer:
- Quick access links, Life, and Upcoming Events shall be in the left-hand column.
- Notice Banners, Timetable and My Assignments shall be moved to the central column. This shall remain at the top on mobile devices.
- The right-hand column is collapsible and contains your Starred Pages and My Tasks
- Some items have been moved to make the dashboard less cluttered. For example, Space archives shall be accessible from the systems drop-down menu.
If you have any questions about the downtime, please contact the Space Helpdesk (email@example.com)